I am not an expert in make-up or beauty at all. Can't you tell by my daily make-up arsenal shown above? haha. It probably makes those with more beauty expertise cringe. But, this is what I can afford and am comfortable with.
I'm sharing this for all the mothers out there with little time and energy. I received such a nice compliment the other week from a complete stranger. I took my two kids with me to Trader Joe's and randomly started talking to another mother with a little baby girl of her own. We both commented on how cute each other's kids were and then she asked me how it was that I looked so put together with two little children because she had such a hard time with just one. I was wearing a simple shirt with some jeans, but I think the key was I looked awake! I can't look awake without hiding the dark circles under my eyes, so moms and tired women out there, even if you don't have much time in the morning, a little bit of make up goes a long way in my opinion.
I'm not saying that you have to put make-up on to feel and look great. I have many imperfections on my skin because of so much sun damage from my sunbathing and summer camp counselor days when I was a teenager. I admit, I feel less confident if I don't cover those up. So, I have a quick 5 minute make-up daily routine that allows me to feel presentable to the public. I don't add much for special occasions though because I really am not that good with make-up.
Here's what I use daily:
1. L'oreal True Match Concealer- it covers up my sun spots and scars pretty well.
2. Korean Laneige BB cream- you basically put it on like it's foundation or lotion and it evens out my skin tone and provides a dewy complexion.
3. I put on my ghetto broken bronzer with my blush brush, which adds some color to my face so I don't look like a zombie, even though I feel like one sometimes.
4. Covergirl Long Lasting Lipstick- this lipstick really stays on a long time.
5. Sephora eyelash curler with my L'oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara- I have small eyes, but these really allow my eyes to appear brighter and more awake.
What's in your daily arsenal or do you prefer not to wear make-up?