January 4, 2013

Before There Were Toms

I don't know about other states, but I see people wearing TOMS all the time in Southern CA.  I have yet to buy a pair because I rarely buy anything new for myself and after having kids, I couldn't bring myself to shell out $50 for a pair of shoes.  (Not judging others that do, fyi.)

Espadrilles have been around for much longer than TOMS, which was established in 2006.  Before there were TOMS, there were these gold woven pair of espadrilles from the 1970s I found at a thrift store.  I was going to list these pair of shiny delightful shoes for the shop.  I tried these on to model them, but once they were on me, I knew that I was not going to give these up.  I've been on the look out for some flashy flats and I have finally found what I've been looking for!  What's even better is they're extremely comfortable and cushiony, so I will definitely be wearing a lot of this pair once the weather warms up.




Do you guys own any flashy flats or espadrilles? Do share and have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I think these are much prettier than TOMS! I've never owned a pair either but I have heard that they are comfortable and I like that with each pair purchased they give a pair to a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea that they gave a pair to a child for each pair purchased! That's good to know!

      Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  2. Toms are definitely the new popular flat casual shoe. I kind of like them but I can't really bring myself to buy a pair just yet. I usually buy my flats from Old Navy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you! Old Navy has such great deals! I'm all about deals.

      Delete
  3. These are so pretty! Love the gold color.

    ReplyDelete