April 20, 2012

My Left Foot

This blog post has nothing to do with the award winning movie "My Left Foot." It has to do with how awkward my feet are when posing for shots for the shop, especially my left foot. I don't mind poking fun at myself- in fact, I'm quite good at it and I frequently do so.

As an Etsy shop owner, I experience the ebb and flow of views and sales daily and currently, the views are low. Whenever I take a short hiatus, the shop suffers and I realize I need to keep things fresh in my shop with new items and new ways of tracking new views. Putting clothes and accessories on live models seems to be a great way of getting more views, and it's something I don't mind doing once in a while. So I thought I'd give the modeling shoes thing a shot since it's quite difficult to receive good traffic for these items for me. I had no idea that modeling shoes would be so difficult and because they are close-ups, would be so detailed! What a humbling and funny experience it was.




My shots just kept getting more awkward because I think I started trying too hard.  Initially, with the red shoes, I just had no idea where to point the toe.  Then, I started to point the toe at an angle that made my left calve seem much larger than my right.  I proceeded to adjust my footing, only to cause even more weird leg positions and more veins to stick out of my unevenly tanned feet.  I was sweating during these shots, but I think it provided more views.  I just put the burgundy heels up in the shop and they received a considerable more amount of hits on the first day than the other shoes on their debut days (althought, no hearts, haha.)  So, maybe i'm on to something (or not).  Either way, I've got to figure out a way to control these joints of mine.  Any advice or should I just stick to no live model shots for the shoes.  I really won't be offended if you tell me to stop! ha.

2 comments:

  1. I honestly think you did a great job! Your feet look cute, although I can imagine how weird it must feel to take photos of your feet. How do you stand? What do you do...? I took a few photos for a friend's etsy and I felt so embarrassed - and oh, THE SWEAT! haha! I know how you feel ^_^

    I think I torture myself with your shop. I love to look at the new things you find but really I just want to buy it all hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute Anna!
    I think all of these photos are actually quite good. I've never been brave enough to try the modelling thing myself but I think you do it well. :)

    ReplyDelete