April 12, 2012

1950s Top Designers


I could watch these vintage fashion videos off of youtube for hours and the only thing that keeps me from doing so is that I actually have to tend to the house, the shop, and my children.  I could make an excuse and say that I must watch these for research purposes, which is not entirely an excuse.  But, I don't think my husband is entirely convinced. 

Anyhow, I loved this video which showcases 5 of the top designers of the 1950s- Dior, Balenciaga, Chanel, Pierre Balmain, and Jaques Fath.  I've always favored Dior in the 1950s, but my jaw dropped at the first dress shown for Balenciaga!  I am on a hunt for the perfect 50s wiggle dress right now since I have some special events coming up this year and that would have been a killer dress to wear!  Which was your favorite designer/dress in this video? 

Enjoy!

video source

1 comment:

  1. Love when they twirl! :) I'm right with you, Anna. I am SO guilty of spending too much time viewing cool old videos on youtube. keep sharing 'em!

    ReplyDelete