December 19, 2011

Time with Family

I've taken a much longer than expected hiatus from blogging and working, but with good reason.  I love tending to my shop, but I must admit that it started to take a toll on the house and quality time spent with the kids.  I made an intentional effort the last couple of weeks to work on the shop less so that I could catch up on the housework and focus on the kids.  Oddly, the housework is never done, but I have had fun with the family the last couple of weeks.  We took a mini-vacation to Sea World in San Diego and have been abusing our Disneyland pass.  Bottom line, I'm a stay at home mom to tend to my children, not my vintage shop.  I am lucky and fortunate to be able to work from home, but I need to take a step back and realize that the main reason for starting the vintage shop was so that I could raise my kids.

Anyhow, sorry for the long monologue. Here are some family pictures. More family fun time pictures coming soon. Really, it's been fun!

Our first family picture where we're all looking at the camera.  Elmo and Grover are not part of our family- just friends.
An impromptu photo shoot in front of the polar bear store display.
We arrived at our hotel room at midnight and instead of putting the kids down, my husband decided to build pillow forts. 

 I guess that's why my son likes him more than me.

Had to throw in a picture of the whale show.

Jonah pointing at the whale.

My husband is really proud of this picture because he got the whale in the back.

More family time pictures coming soon.  By the way, this is what winter in CA looks like most of the time.  Can't beat this weather.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. The kiddos are so cute. And look at the cheeks on that little one! He must like to eat.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete