August 31, 2010

Style Icon- Mia Farrow













Pictures courtesy of mptvimages.com, imdb.com, mia_farrow.images6.com/, mubi.com, medai.prsa.org, vanityfair.com, flickriver.com,

I remember reading The Great Gatsby in either junior high or high school, and then catching the movie on AMC, I think it was.   I enjoyed the book, because I actually finished it, although I was a bit unhappy with the ending because I like happy endings.  Anyhow, it is one of the best novels out there and who am I to say otherwise?

Usually, jumping from the book to the movie leaves something lacking, but I loved the movie version and I adored Mia Farrow as Daisy.  Honestly, it was hard to root for Daisy in the book because she chose the power and status over love, but Mia captured the beauty and sadness of the character so well, that even though I did not like the feeling the book left me at the end, I watched the movie repeatedly. 

I have to admit, I did not watch her other movies as much.  I tried "Rosemary's Baby," but I started to become terrified, especially when a guy I knew said that was the freakiest movie he had seen.  But, once again, no one can doubt the beauty and stylishness of Mia.  Whether in a pixie cut, or long hair, she exudes chicness and what's even more wonderful is she became a humanitarian and activist.  What an amazing woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment