November 17, 2009

Movie Monday

As a collector of vintage clothing, I have decided to dedicate Mondays to movies that display great vintage wear.  I expressed previously in my post about Mad Men that my favorite vintage era remains the late 50s to the early 60s with the high waisted skirts, sleek men's suits, cute and prim collars, and the list goes on and on. 

An iconic person that must be mentioned from that time is Audrey Hepburn, the timeless beauty and trendsetter to this day.  I have watched so many of her movies and could post so many fashionable shots of hers and of all her movies, but that would take hours.  There was so much she contributed to fashion of the past and the present and the future that attempting to cover her entire career and chic styles would not do her justice and would not allow me to sleep.  So, I want to start with the first Audrey Hepburn movie I ever saw, which was "Roman Holiday."

Hepburn actually did not change her outfit much in that movie because the movie was based on her entire day in Italy with Gregory Peck's character.  Her princess gowns were unbelieveably beautiful, but my favorite outfit of that movie was the one she wore on her escapades in Italy:


This outfit is so simple, with its cute white collared shirt, high waisted full skirt with a belt, and a cute scarf to add a little touch of texture and finish to the ensemble.  This look is timeless and stylish and so easy to mimic nowadays.  Audrey turned a simple everyday outfit into something chic and she continued to do so throughout her career. 

Next week, "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anna!
    Congratulations on your new store -- what exciting times. Sorry it took me so long to add the "fan" function, I am technologically-illiterate. Looking forward to seeing this grow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog thus i came
    to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to
    enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!
    !

    Take a look at my web site: book of ra app kostenlos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Distinct Lcd Projector A lot of Desirable Deal Via the internet

    my page :: top 10 projectors

    ReplyDelete