November 2, 2009

Monday Madness

On Mondays, your brain automatically switches from weekend mode to get back to work mode. Whether you work a 9-5 job orstay at home, Mondays just seem a little more hectic, as is the case for me because today is the first day of my new online vintage store http://www.revolvingstyles.com/ (pat on the back).

Continuing on the theme of "madness," I would like to refer to a vintage style, era that I absolutely love, which is inspired by "Mad Men," my new favorite show.


The 60's era transitioned from the 50's pearl necklaces and a-line puffy dresses to the more streamlined pencil skirts and suits for women. It transformed from being ultra feminine to a more powerful silhouette and "Mad Men" showcases the fashion extremely well.





For men, you see the older men wearing their smart suits with hats, while the younger generation sports a more casual look with sweaters, open necks, and no hats. I love the style of this show and I will continue to provide tribute to its fashion.



No comments:

Post a Comment