November 15, 2010

Why I Do What I Do

One of the few outfits that fit me at the moment.


We rolled up his pants so it wouldn't get wet. Then, he squatted and his big butt was in the water.

With his favorite aunt.  She's single btw!

I love him.

Happy!

With grandma.


Loves the slide now!


When I look at these pictures, I feel very fortunate and blessed to have been able to stay at home with him for the first few years of his life.  Yes, it was definitely a lifestyle change in terms of becoming more frugal and going out less, and yes, a child definitely brings more responsibility, but Jonah is so worth it and I don't miss my previous life at all.

My husband and I decided that we did not want anyone else raising our child/children, so if it was possible for me to stay at home, we would make it happen.  So far, it's been working out wonderfully and the extra income Etsy brings definitely helps.  We consider ourselves lucky and blessed that we are able to have one of us stay at home, and yes, we may have to sacrifice that extra trip and we have to eat in more, but nothing beats the time spent with your child, especially since time really flies. I can't believe he'll be 2 in 2 months!

I also feel lucky that I'm an educated mom and no I don't feel like I'm wasting my education by staying at home.  I consider it another blessing that my children will have an educated mother, familiar with the education system to ensure they receive a quality education. I realized when I was a teacher that teaching a child does not only occur at school, but must occur at home, also. 

I will definitely go back to teaching someday, but for now, my calling in life is to be the best mother and wife I can be and as long as our family is able, I'm glad that I can stay at home and raise my children and I'm glad that I have a supportive husband that busts his butt for his family, also.  I know many families need 2 incomes, especially in CA, but for us, this works for now. 

That's all.

2 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures!

    You are so lucky to be able to stay home with your little one. I don't have any kids yet but that is one of my biggest concerns, I don't want to have kids only to have daycare raise them while I'm working and missing out on all the special moments. In Cali it seems almost impossible to make it on only one paycheck but you give me hope that it is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is really hard in CA! we had to cut little things out like cable, internet on the phone, and i rarely shop for clothes. but, spending time with my son is more precious than those things to me at the moment! thanks for your comment! <3

    ReplyDelete